Sunday 29 December 2013

We met?!



“Jitin Verma – Seat no.8”, I was relieved after reading the chart. I don’t travel much in train. “Paani bhai. Paani paani”, yells everywhere. I loaded my back pack with a liter more. Beeeeeppp, the daily horoscope alarmed as I read it. ‘You will meet your dream love today .It’s gonna be a shock’. It was an unusual one forced me to believe it more, illogical though. 

7.00 A.M, cool winter breeze, window place, impact of the horoscope all together played harmony in mind. I closed my eyes to get some breathe. The ‘bajji vada’ breeze suddenly flicked an aqua fresh tinge.  “Excuse me. Seat no 7??” a sleek cream tinge index finger pointed on the seat opposite to me. The palm continued with a blue crystal wrist piece. My heart pounded ‘Baba! It shouldn’t be the horoscope. She shouldn’t be. She…’ and my eyes met with a flawless, lit face that owned a reverse-of-full moon sky like eyes that got bigger and was rolling. She reminded me the smell of sandal. “Helloow” the swatting voice brought me back. ‘’Is it 7?”. I nodded yes. I felt so used to train journey on seeing her fidget.

“Hofffff” she sighed with a smile.  Aqua blue suit with mild silver lines, not fatter than me, she had a long neck, wore a star blue pendant, short hair left open and. . . She was beautiful! Sitting before me, her long sleek fingers kept jumping on the touch pad.
‘Me aisa kyun hu, me aisa’ my phone asked. A call to verify my resume, I had to clear few doubts. “Yeah J-I-T-I-N. Jitin. New luck college. Yeah, 2010 pass out. Management yeah. No no, anytime.Thank you” I cut the call. Before I could raise my eyes, she exclaimed “Hey! Jitin? New luck? Management?” I was taken aback. She repeated all. Happily shocked I managed to say “Yeah but how-come-you” I pulled. “Hey I am your junior, I was in when you were already out”she winked. I grumped on God.

She continued with her pattering eyes, “I’ve heard a lot on you. So much! My seniors told me. Your debates, project, poems on the magazine, Wow! I never thought I would meet you!” she looked such a child. I nodded in a modest way. And yes, I was popular at college for academics and co-stuff. It was all for credits and I never knew it would someday get my dream angel tweeting to me.

She never seemed to stop."It’s a day of serendipity. My project was so much connected to yours. I and my friend tried all ways to contact you. You escaped even a photograph, huh?". She sniffed,"How many days? And you know how personal it was to me. . err . . " she stopped and her eyebrows went on a swing. She was sorry about her readily out statement. I loved it!

“Well ok! Can you share your number?” her lips went crescent and eye balls danced. I don’t know when I spelled it. She said “Thanks! You will be ringed”. She never would have realized it was a compliment.

Her station was there, she got up with her bag on. “Tadaaa. Gotta go!” she winked and turned to walk. God, I mused. 'Will this happen to someone? Is it true that horoscopes really work? What happened actually happened?' I closed my eyes to imbibe the pleasure and splendor. When I opened my eyes, she gave me a jerk. A while far she was turning towards me, eyes rolling and arms on either side, swinging yet managing to hold the mobile phone. She said that to prove my second part of the day’s horoscope, “Jitin Sharma! Oh God. .  I’ve met, Jitin Sharma”

No comments: